Information on the collection of personal data
- The person responsible pursuant to Art. 4 Para. 7 EU Data Protection Basic Regulation (DS-GVO) is Melanie Shifferaw, Lattenkamp 68, 22299 Hamburg (see our imprint).
- When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, possibly your name and telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We will delete the data that arises in this context after it is no longer required to be stored, or restrict processing if there are legal storage obligations.
- If we wish to use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you below in detail about the respective processes. We will also specify the criteria for the storage period.
- You have the following rights against us with regard to the personal data concerning you:
- Right of access,
- Right to rectification or deletion,
- Right to limit the processing,
- Right to object to the processing,
- Right to data transferability.
- You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
Collection of personal data when you visit our website
- If you only use the website for information purposes, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f DS-GVO):
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Contents of the request (concrete page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- amount of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request originates
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
- In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive assigned to the browser you are using and through which certain information flows to the location that sets the cookie (here by us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the website more user-friendly and effective.
- This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and function of which are explained below:
- Transient Cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
- Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These include in particular session cookies. They store a so-called session ID, which can be used to assign various requests from your browser to the shared session. This enables your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
- Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
- You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. We would like to point out that you may not be able to use all the functions of this website.
- This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and function of which are explained below:
Further functions and offers of our website
- In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you must generally provide further personal data which we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
- In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are checked regularly.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties when we offer promotions, sweepstakes, contracts or similar services in conjunction with partners. You can find out more about this when you provide us with your personal data or in the description of the offer below.
- If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
- If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke it at any time. Such a revocation influences the permissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have given it to us.
- Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on a weighing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is in particular not necessary for the fulfilment of a contract with you, which is described by us in the following description of the functions. In the event of such an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either discontinue or adapt the data processing or point out our compelling reasons worthy of protection on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can inform us about your advertising objection under the following contact data: [all contact data].
Use of Google Analytics
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will generally be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. However, if IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA where it will be shortened. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website operator.
- The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not merged with other Google data.
- This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This shortens the processing of IP addresses, which means that they cannot be linked to individuals. If the data collected about you is related to a person, this is excluded immediately and the personal data is deleted immediately.
- We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. The statistics obtained allow us to improve our services and make them more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
Integration of Google Maps
- On this website we use the services of Google Maps. This enables us to display interactive maps directly on the website and enables you to use the map function conveniently.
- By visiting the website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether Google provides a user account that you are logged in to or whether there is no user account. If you are logged in at Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not want your profile to be associated with Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for advertising, market research and / or needs-based design of its website. Such evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, and you must contact Google to exercise this right.
Web Fonts from Google
- This page uses so-called web fonts provided by Google for the uniform display of fonts. When you call up a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly. For this purpose, the browser you are using must connect to Google’s servers. This enables Google to know that your IP address has been used to access our website. The use of Google Web Fonts is in the interest of a uniform and appealing presentation of our online services.
- If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font will be used by your computer.
Donation form of Helpmundo GmbH
- Scope of data processing
Personal data is only collected if you enter it yourself. The use of the donation form is voluntary. The personal data collected for this purpose is detailed:
- Personal master data: First and last name, full address
- Communication data: E-mail address
- Payment data (bank details, amount, etc.)
- Device data (IP address, other device and browser information, etc.)
- Usage data (activity on website, date and time of retrieval, etc.)
- Legal basis
If you would like to donate something to us and decide to use the donation form, we ask for your prior consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO). For this you have to set a check mark actively. In principle, we also have a legitimate interest in collecting donations in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f DSGVO, as we also finance ourselves from these sources.
The processing of device data and usage data enables us to analyse the surfing behaviour of our users and to protect against misuse in the case of donation payments. In these purposes our legitimate interest also lies in the processing of the data according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. Device data is used without reference to your person and is used solely for the purpose of improving the attractiveness, content and functionality of the donation form.
- Purpose of data processing
The donation data obtained via our website is stored, processed and used for the purpose of legal and, in particular, tax-related matters. This includes, for example, the issue of a donation receipt.
The personal data entered will only be used to process the donation, to answer questions and for technical administration.
- Categories of recipients
In order to be able to offer you this donation form, we work together with an external service provider, HelpMundo GmbH, Oberländer Ufer 192, 50968 Cologne. This is commissioned by us within the scope of order processing on the basis of and in accordance with the provisions of Art. 28 DSGVO. Your personal data will be stored here on specially protected servers. Access is only possible for a few specially authorised persons, all of whom are familiar with the relevant data protection regulations.
The secure transmission of data is of the utmost importance for online donations. Your data will only be transmitted to HelpMundo in encrypted form via an SSL-encrypted connection. If you pay via a payment service provider such as PayPal or Sofort-Überweisung, you will be redirected to the payment service provider’s site and the terms and conditions of the provider apply.
- Duration of storage
Your stored personal data will be deleted by us and by our service provider HelpMundo in accordance with Art. 17, 18 DSGVO if you have revoked your consent to their storage, if their knowledge is no longer required to fulfil the purpose for which they were stored, or if their storage is inadmissible for other legal reasons.
Even after termination of the contract, contractual or legal obligations may prevent the deletion of the personal data of the contractual partner. In particular, we are subject to the tax retention periods of ten years for donations.
- Possibility of objection and removal
If you have given us permission to pass on your data, you have the right to revoke your declaration at any time with effect for the future. You send the objection or the revocation of the declaration of consent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the above-mentioned contact data of HelpMundo GmbH. We also pass this on to our service providers.
§iFrames of gut.org gAG
The legal basis for the integration of iFrames is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. Our legitimate interest lies in optimising the user-friendliness of the website and enabling a user-friendly link between our website and the betterplace.org online donation platform.